Thursday, March 29, 2012

 Hello 7th Grade Band!!!

Great job in Wednesday's rehearsal!  You played really well!

Give the recording a good listening.  Be sure to use headphones for the best sound quality.

After you listen, please comment (click on the comment link underneath the recording) on the following aspects of your playing:

  • Intonation-- Did we have any problems playing in tune?
  • Articulation-- How did we do with the tonguing, slurs and accents?
  • Phrasing-- Did we hold all of the notes out for their full values?  How about making it through four measures on one breath?





9 comments:

  1. Everything went well. The only thing I need to figure out is how to get and audio file onto the blog. It wouldn't accept an itunes file or an m4a. I had to make an imovie file and that worked. Why, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that the eighth nots the sax's were played a little fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard a lot of clarinet squeaking and the clarinets were to fast

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was amazing it sounded like a professional band. to bad i wasn't there to be in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In a total sound I believe the band did a good job, but the clarinets were a little squeaky and and have to tone down because they are taking away the overall feel of the piece. Also I believe that the clarinets block the melody when the low brass is supposed to be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe the piece sounded good overall. Some parts need to be more smoother and have a better sound. There was squeaking and some played to loud however the low brass did not play out at some parts. I think if we can work on getting a bigger sound and playing our correct pitch so that the audience can have an overall good feeling of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the song went well and we breathed in the right spots. At one part the oboe and flute were off tune but after that it was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought that our band was good but at some parts it was not together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After reviewing our recording i agree that the saxes and the clarinets have to slow down and watch Mr. Monastero for cues and things like that.

    ReplyDelete